16.12.09

Okimi


Get on your 3D glasses because the works of Kimiaki Yaegashi will irritate your eyes if you look at them for too long. The color illustrations worked much better for me with my Red/Blue glasses than the originals, and they're a little less if you don't happen to own a pair of 3D glasses (but with all movies being released in 3D now, why don't you have some? I have at least 3 pairs hanging around, and they've gotten me through some dull days).

There wasn't much I could find out about Okimi that was written in English, so I'm just going to add a lot more images. They were a lot of fun for me, and they will be for you too. I will admit that the images are a little plain and repetitive. Visit http://okimi.com/ and you'll see what I mean. Hopefully there will be newer works which contain a little more depth and are a bit more lively in the future because I feel like the 3D is just used as a gimmick which distracts from a lack of ideas. I'm glad that 3D is gaining popularity, and I hope to see some more interesting pieces from Okimi in the future.






1 comment: