16.12.09

McBess!!!


Dear McBess,
Thank you for providing me with such super cool desktop backgrounds. I especially enjoy your new color illustration that has been decorating my laptop for quite some time now:

McBess is actually a Frenchman by the name of Matthieu Bessudo whose hi-res illustrations are easily found on the internet. His work is nostalgic and so detailed that you could look at any one of his illustrations for hours at a time without finding everything he has laid out in them.
It does seem a shame though, that his illustrations are just flat 2D pieces, but then I found this:

It's the video he did for the band he's in, The Dead Pirates. The music's alright, but the animation is neat (the 3D style comes off as cheesy, but it's done well).
(He even has his phone number on there. You can commission an illustration if you're a wealthy patron of the arts.)

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the art in that video. he was definetly influenced by the early felix, popeye, betty boop stuff, with a weird anime style twist to it.

    the music was pretty cool too, I probably would have liked it more if i didnt have a headache from the damn cold weather lol

    ReplyDelete